We invented LinkedIn profile and resume optimization in 2009. Our profile and resume writing have enabled 5,000+ professionals and executives to obtain more interviews and sales leads.
1. Select and pay for a writing service.
Pick profile only, resume only or our package (most popular) service and pay on our secure website.
2. Complete our brief questionnaire.
Tell us about your goals, skills, accomplishments, experience, other details, and upload your old resume (optional).
3. Draft written by an in-house expert team.
Complete the phone consultation (if purchased). Our internal writing team will collaborate to create your draft resume or profile.
4. Review the draft profile or resume.
After we receive your completed questionnaire, we will email your draft new resume or LinkedIn profile to you within 2-4 business days.
You can collaborate, one-on-one, with your writer on revisions. If you purchase our package service, we complete the resume first, then the LinkedIn profile, and then write the cover letter.
6. LinkedIn (If purchased) installation.
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
How will Klaxos make a stronger impact than lower-priced competitors?
For resume or profile services priced less than Klaxos you can expect:
- Canned resume or profile text, copied and pasted from a template by a freelance “writer” located overseas.
- No installation of the new LinkedIn profile they created, instead they only send you a list of 50 skills and a templated summary paragraph for you to install into your own LinkedIn account.
- No phone calls and email support that disappears when you inevitably have a concern.
- Ambiguous information about what, if any, humans work there.
- No verifiable client reviews from sources that let you see the person who posted it, such as LinkedIn, Google and Yelp.
- Reviews from fake review websites like TrustPilot where the company can delete any negative feedback and insert their own fake, positive reviews.
- A terrible reputation with the Better Business Bureau (Top Resume has 247 complaints) and numerous grievances filed against Top Resume on scamguard.
- Top Resume and similar unverified resume mills look promising up front, but the quality of their work may be uneven, which is likely why they do not use verifiable, third-party ratings.
With Klaxos you can expect:
- The opposite of the above.
- Hundreds of verifiable customer reviews on LinkedIn, Google, and Yelp that tell our story.
- Hundreds of testimonials written by people like you, successful professionals that struggle to write about themselves and don’t have time to learn how to beat the technology algorithms in Applicant Tracking Systems that filter and reject profiles and resumes before approving a select few to a “human” resources manager.
- A team led by the person who invented LinkedIn profile and resume keyword optimization in 2009.
- A team that has enabled 5,000+ clients in 30+ countries to obtain more job interviews and sales leads.
- A small internal team with 10+ years writing together for clients who work at the top brands in business, nonprofit, and government.
- An A rating with the Better Business Bureau.
- Installation of your new profile (or we email the profile to you if you want to self-install). Other services only email brief text ideas or make you watch videos.
- Confidence in our work, such that we can share select client examples.
- Learn more about our 30 feature Linkedin profile writing and resume writing service.
- LinkedIn started in 2003. We invented profile optimization in 2009. Go with the original and the verified best.
Do you outsource your work to freelance writers overseas?
No. Unlike most other resume writing mills, Klaxos does NOT send any writing projects to a network of freelance writers and hope they do a good job. Our writers work in-house at our offices in the U.S. Klaxos writers have been working and learning with the same, small internal team for many years. We are a small, internal team that has been working and learning together every day to leverage our shared experiences into career success for our clients. This continuity, combined with our industry experience, enables us to write high-quality work, customized to your experience, skills, accomplishments, and goals.
What do job recruiters think of your resume layout?
- The professional resume layout Klaxos uses follows the guidelines promoted by the Society for Human Resource Management, the Professional Association of Resume Writers, and the Association of Executive Recruiting, Our design is what job recruiters are expecting to see.
- The science behind the layout is intended to increase your ranking with resume scanning technology and with “human” resources.
- Klaxos combines a job scope, accomplishments, relevant hard-skill keywords, with action verbs to help create a higher-grade level of readability and thus rate higher in scanning algorithms.
- Free tips: Klaxos uses Calibri font, which is a narrow sans-serif typeface, like Arial/Helvetica, thereby allowing more text characters per line. The phrase “self-directed and driven” when read by a recruiter increases their likelihood of calling that applicant for an interview by 23%.
What qualifications do your writers have?
Since 2009, our in-house professional resume and Linkedin profile writers have enabled 5,000+ professionals in 30+ countries and 200+ industries to achieve more interviews. We are a small, internal team that has been working and learning together every day to leverage our shared experiences into career success for our clients. You will not find our breadth and depth of business, writing, recruiting, search engine optimization, and digital media experience with any other career writing service. In prior work experiences, we have worked for AOL, Aetna, PepsiCo, Kraft-Heinz, Sodexo, US Bank, the National Association of Manufacturers, Wells Fargo, UPMC, Epic Medical Records, Booz Allen, Edelman, and other professional organizations. We are certified by the Professional Association of Resume Writers, we have 200+ 5-star resume writing reviews and hundreds of client testimonials on our website. We have a combined 100+ years of career-oriented business writing experience.
Why is your resume layout more successful than resumes with fancy styling?
Applicant tracking software (ATS) contains an algorithm that scans and ranks your submitted resume. Then, a human will evaluate the top 5%-10% of applications based on the ranking assigned by the ATS. Algorithms cannot read resumes that contain logos, pictures, symbols, tables, fancy fonts, headers, footers, colors, and shadings. Resumes with these features are more likely to rank at the bottom as they are not able to be scanned. 90% of recruiters read resumes on their phone, fancy formatting makes the resume distorted and impossible to read. The layout on our resume writing service makes it more likely to pass ATS filters and onto being seen by a human. Resumes with unknown headings like Affiliations, Publications, or Memberships may cause the ATS to reject a resume. Although parsing algorithms can usually read a PDF, it is better to submit your resume in Microsoft Word. Similar scanning technology is used by the LinkedIn search. Learn more about how Applicant Tracking Systems filter and reject resumes.
Will this require a lot of work by me?
No, but this is an interactive process. You are the only person with specific knowledge about your experiences, skills, accomplishments, and goals. Your writer will need your collaborative input by providing information in our short questionnaire and during revisions, if requested.
Which industries or skill functions do your writers have experience?
Since 2009, our internal writers have written 5,000+ profiles and resumes for over 100+ industries and functions, including military-to-civilian transition, college students, and early career recent graduates. While 60% of our clients reside within the U.S., 40% of our customers are located in other countries, from Australia to the United Arab Emirates. Review numerous LinkedIn profile and resume examples of our actual clients so you know what to expect. If you do not see an example for your function, email us, and we will send you one. We are well-informed in current best practices and can convert your experience from your current industry to a new industry. We do not write resumes specifically designed for the layout in the USA Jobs federal government civil service job opportunities website.
What do your clients have to say about your work?
What topics are discussed during the phone consultation?
When purchased as part of our Gold, Silver or Sales lead package, the phone consultation occurs after you complete our brief questionnaire, and before we start writing your project. During the phone call, we will review your questionnaire and learn more about your skills, accomplishments, experience, and goals. We provide advice about best practices for professional/executive resume writing, LinkedIn, a job search, working with job recruiters, and answer your questions. If you would like to pay for a phone consultation separate from a writing package, click here to pay for a Linkedin consulting phone call with us.
How long is the writing process?
- After we receive your completed questionnaire, your writer will email you a draft Word document within 2-4 business days.
- Revisions, if requested, will be addressed within 2 business days of your writer receiving your edits via email.
- For the package services, it typically takes 5-7 days for the resume, profile, and cover letter to be completed.
- Completion time depends on the number of revisions requested by the client.
- You have 30 days of access time to work with your writer.
How does the writing process work?
Klaxos combines the decades of experience of our certified, in-house, professional resume writers with our expertise in how to increase rankings within resume and profile scanning software called applicant tracking systems (ATS). ATS technology filters and ranks applicants based on keywords, readability, and formatting. Klaxos analyzes your experience and writes your resume/profile with the goal of scoring well when read by machines and humans. The process is simple:
- Tell us about your goals, skills, accomplishments, work experience, other information and upload your old resume (optional) via our online questionnaire.
- We will match you with one of our in-house, expert writers who is an expert about your function and industry.
- After we receive your completed questionnaire, A draft of your new resume or LinkedIn profile will be emailed to you, within 2-4 days, by your writer.
- You have 30 days of access time to work, one-on-one, with your writer. If you purchase our package product, we complete the resume first, then the LinkedIn profile and lastly, the cover letter.
- Revisions, if requested, will be addressed within 2 business days, excluding U.S. holidays, of your writer receiving your edits via email.
- Once you approve your profile or resume, your writer will install your new profile on LinkedIn. Otherwise, we will email you the final profile Word document for you to self-install your profile.
How many revisions will my writer provide?
Purchase of our Gold, Silver, Bronze or Company Page writing service includes unlimited revisions during the 30-day access time. Other writing services only provide 7-14 days for revisions.
How do you communicate with clients?
June 13, 2020: We are open and fully staffed, working in our office locations during coronavirus, however, in order to encourage public health and pandemic safety we are not physically meeting with clients at this time.
We typically respond, via email, to revision requests within one business day and support questions within two business hours. Aside from our paid phone consultation, we recommend client information be exchanged through email and our online questionnaire. This benefits our clients in several ways.
- Written communication encourages concise direction. Verbal communication often results in 60 minutes of repetitive and off-topic discussion to transmit 15 minutes of actionable information.
- Written direction, via email or digital questionnaire, ensures direction is not confused in a verbal discussion.
- Written text provides an accurate record of what was said, by whom, and when.
- Written information can be typed, read, and transmitted at a convenient time for both parties.
- Scheduling and rescheduling phone meetings is time-consuming for both parties.
- Most people learn best through visual tools. We provide images and videos to aid your learning about LinkedIn, resumes, the recruitment process, and a job search plan.
How does the 60-day interview pledge work?
Not only do we professionally write your resume, but we also want to make sure it gets you results. For Bronze, Silver and Gold services, if you do not receive two times more job interviews within 60 days of the end of your Access Time, we will revise the resume and/or profile once, free-of-charge. You must notify us, via email, between 91 and 150 days (approximately 5 months) from your date of purchase, to be eligible for a free revision. After 150 days from the date of purchase, you will no longer be eligible for the one, free revision.
What other services do you offer other than profile and resume writing?
Our prices webpage highlights our most popular services; however, we also offer phone consultations, Company page writing, biographies, presentations, workshops and LinkedIn sales/marketing services. Please see our other unbundled a-la-carte prices here. We do not provide cover letter writing as a stand-alone service, it must be purchased as part of a package.
What LinkedIn® B2B marketing, sales training and social selling services do you offer?
LinkedIn is the leading channel for B2B social sales and advocacy engagement. Gartner, Visa, Bloomberg, Sodexo, FujiFilm, multiple trade associations, and several educational institutions have retained Klaxos for Linkedin sales training, digital client engagement, employee advocacy/engagement, lead generation, advertising/marketing campaigns, write LinkedIn business pages and be the LinkedIn keynote speaker at conferences.
How do I cancel my membership of your LinkedIn Library service?
What free resources regarding LinkedIn, resumes and job search tips do you have?
What does the Klaxos name represent?
On June 8, 2018, the name of our business changed from LinkedIn Profile and Resume Writing Service to Klaxos. The Klaxos brand is inspired by the Klaxon, a horn that combines electronics and mechanics to make a loud, recognizable noise alerting people of critical information. Similarly, Klaxos combines digital technology and human intelligence to enable organizational and personal brands to make intelligent, relevant digital noise that overwhelms competitive clatter. We are a leading provider of LinkedIn writing and social selling training services that can increase visibility for job searchers, salespeople and organizational brands.