Take a moment to read my Huffington Post article “Don’t Limit Your Online Marketing To Google: Smart Companies Use LinkedIn To Grow Sales, Membership And Influence”. The article focuses on how to grow sales, membership, revenue and expand influence by using your professional profile or online resume as a marketing tactic for the company. Learn more about our career services.
- An search optimized optimized website is not enough to attract customers, members or donations to your organization.
- As of January 2013, LinkedIn had 200 million members in 200 countries in 19 languages.
- It is becoming the search engine of choice for people looking for B2B resources.
- Professional Services small business (attorneys, accounting, marketing) who rely on word of mouth and networks to build business benefit the most.
- To attract their business or attention, having a professional or company profile at the top of Google search results can place your organization ahead of expensive, SEO optimized websites.
5 Tips for Professional Network Marketing:
1. Employees who are public facing need a full, professional profile.
2. Add, targeted, relevant professional keywords for your skills in the headline, summary and job title.
3. Include links to videos, images, articles to give organization accomplishments visibility.
4. Create a company page / business page.
5. Share your value proposition on your profile, company page and relevant groups.